Wednesday 26 September 2012

Strangers in the night..


 Ever thought?
The person walking in front of you on the rain-drenched sidewalk?
Covered with an umbrella, and all that can be seen is a dark raincoat and shoes splashing puddles.
Man, woman, child? Anybody anyplace?
And yet this person is the hero of his/her life story.
The love of someone's life. The villain of another's.
And what he/she can do can change the world.

For someone. Someday. Somehow.
Ever thought?
Of being in that dark coat and mud-splashed shoes?
Think the next time-
And then continue on your own way.

There is no difference between that stranger and the people you pride in calling friends. Relatives. 

At the bottom of all withering relationships lies indifference. That it the one irrefutable truth. When passion fades- be it for people, visions, dreams, rainbows, silver linings, thoughts, ambitions or work- there is a vacuum, an empty space, drained of all life, that we call indifference. 
So many people I see everyday, that are indifferent. Exist in little holes dug by themselves, for themselves. Immediate possessions, immediate families, immediate earnings. The rest of the world fades away into oblivion for them. Throwing rubbish outside their walls, so to say. 
Such people will find those very walls very empty some day. Because giving and taking walk hand-in-hand. That is the rule of the universe.

I always wonder how they survive. For me- the vibrancy of living is Passion. People. Dreams. Ideas.  No walls exist for me between friends and family. All for one and one for all. That is my truth. And that of all of the people in whose hearts I live. 

Am enriched and fulfilled. And however much I hurt when indifference is extended to me, I will always remain myself. A helping hand, a ready shoulder, for one and all. 


I will walk in those rain-drenched shoes. The stranger in the night is me. Born- to live. And change someone's world somewhere. 

3 comments:

  1. I know what all this is about. :)
    And, when you told me about the latest instance, I thought of saying to you - people will never change, and we shouldn't either. Then I thought, you're the one who taught me that. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would know:-)) Therein lies the danger of my writing and this blog!!! And no I wont change. Cant:-))
    *Forgive the apostrophe catastrophe*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Open Spaces,
    I would appreciate more than a smile.

    Thanks:-)

    ReplyDelete