Saturday 22 September 2012

Happy Daughter's day to the two offshoots of my life:-)

Tomorrow is Daughter's Day. .

This is for you both – Aanchal and Shalu- with gratitude for teaching me what a heart full of love means..with humility for all of the caring & belonging you both give me..and with all the colour you both have put inside my world.

Aanchal- I still remember every moment of all those years ago in Pune. Months of miraculously fascinating changes happening inside my body and soul..weeks of backaches and leg cramps which magically made me walk ecstatically around with an inexplicable spring in my step..days and nights spent dreaming, wondering, imagining- what it would feel like to hold the tiny speck of life I felt moving, growing, smiling within me. And then hours of pain that ripped my body apart, yet held steadfast my soul, moulding it into a cocoon of warmth and love all set to nurture the new bonds that were all set to be forged. You know, I actually “knew” you even before you entered this world. Knew what you liked to eat, how long you could sleep, what kind of music disturbed you, and what soothed you. I forged that bond with you long before you were born.

And then came that wintry day in December. Your dad's hand held tight in mine, his helpless expression, eyes glazed with pain so much more intense that that which tore my body apart..until that high-pitched first cry that fell upon our ears.... I held you- my warm bundle of joy, my daughter. Watched you blow bubbles with a beatific expression on your dumpling face (which, incidentally, naani noticed)..and was told that you had a congenital cleft palate that would need an operation within a year. You would gleefully gurgle through the milk that would come out through your nose (because of the defect), kick your podgy legs dementedly on a sheet of newspaper, happy for hours doing that:-) follow me with your eyes while I walked around the house, be walked to sleep through long hours of the night, only to wake up merrily the moment we laid you on your cot. Nights of long motorbike rides just to make you fall asleep.

Your first word, first feat of rolling over, bumping your head and getting concussion (incidentally, on the day we had a train to catch on transfer to Suratgarh), first step, first day of school, first fancy dress competition..so many firsts that filled my life and made it complete.

I watched you grow, evolve and transform from a fat little maggot into my princess. You outgrew my lap, but never my heart.

Shalu- you walked into our lives as a precious gift fate gave us. You and I did not share that gossamer thin umbilical cord bond, yet developed something strangely stronger and finer as we both grew together. You taught me the true meaning of “motherhood”- and all it can encompass and hold. You entered my world, my home- and soon my heart. Today, as I watch you straddle the world so confidently and walk with your head held high- something blooms within my soul and spills over my life, filling it with fulfillment. I feel so proud when I see my two lame fledglings (Saahil & you) soar high in the sunny skies of their dreams and ambitions and teach ME so many things that were hitherto out of my realm. 

Chance made you both my daughters; love made you my friends.

Bless you both for the complete understanding, acceptance and unconditional love you give me. Also (in spite of my errant ways) the wholehearted pride you have in me..

Love you both so very very much:-) And a mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity. It dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path. So here you have your very own personal bodyguard:-)
*As your brother, trembling with fear,  would vouch for*






















Happy Daughter's Day to two of my bestest friends:-))

*I don't think there is such a thing as a Son's Day, so I will create one for you soon Saahil Tyagi:-) 
- Await next post*

Mom.






No comments:

Post a Comment