Saturday 15 February 2014

Valentine Madness

Promise day, Chocolate day, Teddy day, Hug Day, Promise day... Then the day of the deepest, awesome-est, divinest emotion ever.. Love. Makes me happy to see how our children have raised themselves from days dedicated to assorted Gods and Goddesses, fasting, doing penance, steeped in rituals.. Meaningless indoctrination of the mind. .. At least now the focus has shifted to realistic facets of life.. Food for the body, food for the soul :-)

- Happy Every Day to all.


Dear St. Valentine,
I have a serious complaint to lodge. Why did you not clarify your legacy? Why do generations who love the legacy of love, feel it is restricted to just a tiny age slot? 16 to 26 year olds? Why? Can love be compartmentalized into any shape, size, era or age? Can relationships override each other in supremacy? Is the love for a parent, a child, a sibling, a neighbor, a friend.. Any less than that for a partner?

You have to admit. You slipped up. Everyone enjoys a surprise gift. Opening one's eyes to the fragrance of fresh flowers. To see a warm smile in the eyes of those who care. That precious feeling of being made to feel special. Am I right or am I right? Sigh! I am always right. People know that by now.

So - here goes! Happy Valentine's day to you St. Valentine. And to every one I care for. And who care for me. Also.. I will put my nasty side away in commemoration of this season, and wish the same to those who do not care for me. And vice versa
Fair enough? Here's gifts in abundance and loads of love and best wishes to one and all here.. May everyone have those special people in their world.. Who make everything worthwhile . 

No comments:

Post a Comment