Saturday 15 February 2014

Randomness:-)

Looking out of my railway carriage
As oft I am wont to do for fun,
(For it isn't you alone who has that poetic licence-
dear Alfred Lord Tennyson)

I looked into the deep dark woods
For to see the precious sight,
A few pairs of tawny eyes,
Maybe a flighty deer fight.

With the trumpeting sound in my ear
In my mind's eye I saw.
How many pachyderms are these..
Did I see five and six?
Or were there five and four?

Then all at once the train doth pass
Over a meagre stream.
And inward flashed upon my eye
As though part of some dream.

A pride of proud peacocks
Gallivanting back and forth,
Their heads bowed down, their tails held high -
Water filled in their throats!

Oh but what a majestic sight that was
That I had the good luck to spy.
Afore we steamed into a busy town
And there goeth my inward eye!

-With due apologies to Robert Frost, Robert Browning, Lord Byron and Affred Lord Tennyson

Seema Tyagi

No comments:

Post a Comment