Saturday 14 May 2011

A Mother's Love--and its fallout:-)


A Mother's Love--and Teachings

by Seema Tyagi on Saturday, 14 May 2011 at 09:21
THINGS I TAUGHT MY CHILDREN:

* TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE-"If you're going to kill each other do it outside-I just finished cleaning."

* RELIGION-"You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

* TIME TRAVEL-"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to kick you into the middle of next week."

* LOGIC-"Because I said so, that's why."

* FORESIGHT-"Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you have to dive into a river to save a drowning child”.

* IRONY-"Keep laughing or I'll *give* you something to cry about."

* OSMOSIS-"Shut your mouth and eat your food."

*@ BRAT Only: CONTORTIONISM-"Will you look at the dirt on the back on your neck!"

* STAMINA-"You'll sit there till all that fruit / vegetable is finished."

* WEATHER-"It looks as if a tornado swept through your room."

* How to solve PHYSICS PROBLEMS-"If I yelled because I saw a meteor coming towards you; would you then listen??"

* HYPOCRISY-"If I've told you once I've told you a million times-Don't Exaggerate!!!"

* THE CIRCLE OF LIFE-" I brought you into this world, and I can take you out. So LOOK OUT!!!"

* BEHAVIOUR -"Stop acting like your father."

* ENVY-"There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do."

* ULTIMATUMS – “ Do NOT fall with your mouths open and chip your teeth EVER AGAIN!!! Or I will knock them out myself.”

Do I hear a chorus of THANK YOUS??? Aanchal, Saahil, Shalu????


The Brats

No comments:

Post a Comment