Saturday 28 January 2012

Ye hai Zindagi

The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you refuse to take the turn.
I have to keep telling myself that. Again and again and again. Also- Life comes round a full circle. And as you sow, so shall you reap. What life gives you is what you have put into it. 


My day for quotations. And introspection. Its strange really. Half a century and more of my life- thinking, feeling, believing that I am the cat's whiskers. The pivotal figure in everybody's lives. And then suddenly, life takes a U-turn. And WHAM! Realization dawns! No I am not really!


I sometimes wonder what made me so confident about my omnipresence and omnipotency? My happy childhood? My comfortable and secure marriage? The wonderfully supporting and unconditionally loving family I have? My children? The ease with which people always liked me? My ability to make friends? Or all of the above?


Now- when I look at the world around me- I see that everybody has taken their own U-turns, chosen their own meandering paths, followed their own means to the end of their rainbows. And all of these paths have moved away from me! And I am left hanging on to my pedestal.


I see before me, two paths. One-which leads downhill. The other-to a distant bend on the road ahead. I know its time for me to choose the latter. And take that turn. I will not let the road end. 


 More quotations? - No point crying over spilt milk. One should always look before leaping. 


Jaan hai to jahaan hai:-)))


And most importantly- Live Life Kingsize!


Here's to always finding a loving hand when I fall. Or when I reach out.





2 comments:

  1. Mother! You're the centre of our universe, and yes - the cat's whiskers, ears and tail too! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I just KNOW a comment would be awaiting for me here??? Thank you for always being my helping hands..you and Brat. Despondency is depressing:-)

    ReplyDelete